Scripture of the Week
But to all who have received Him—those who believe in His name —He has given the right to become God’s children.
TO PUT CHRISTIAN PRINCIPLES INTO PRACTICE THROUGH PROGRAMS THAT BUILD A HEALTHY SPIRIT, MIND AND BODY FOR ALL.
After School care at the Y-Register Now!
We have after school care available for kids in grades K-5th grade. We will not offer 6th grade beginning with 2020-2021 school year.
Register Monday - Friday 9am through 6pm with our Child Care Department located on the side of building. (look for the green awning.)
Safe Play Soccer Registration
As of right now, registration for fall preschool and youth soccer for boys and girls ages 3-13 is August 1-23. A $10 late fee applies to any sign-ups after August 23.
Y Staff Needed:
- We have a part time position opening in the Wellness Center. Shifts include 5:30 am early morning as well as midday and some weekends. Must be a mature, dependable individual to assist and instruct members with the use of equipment and ensure good member relations.
- Part time Yoga instructor to teach on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8:30-9:30. Must be certified with previous teaching experience.
Applications are available at the front desk. Phone calls related to these positions will NOT be accepted.
Child Care Positions Available:
- We have an opening for Assistant Child Care Director.
We are searching for someone who loves children, has previous child care experience, is mission minded and loving, and works well in a team environment. Must be able to lead, supervise and coach a team. Must be able to handle and redirect children and conference with parents and family members as situations arise. This is a part time position, Monday-Friday, noon to close (until the last child leaves each day) Must pass a background check and provide current copy of TB test. Current CPR certification preferred.
- We are looking for part time After School Counselors.
You must be available to work afternoon hours, Monday through Friday. Hours will be from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Schedules will follow the Florence District One school schedule. If you would like to join our Y family, come to the Front Desk and fill out an application today. No phone calls please. Previous child care experience preferred.
All applicants must pass a background check and be at least 18 years old.
Apply in person any time during business hours. NO phone calls will be accepted.
Florence Family YMCA 12th Annual Golf Classic
The Florence Family YMCA will host its 12th Annual Golf Classic Friday, September 11th. This Four Man Captains Choice tournament will be held at the Traces Golf Club with a tee time at Noon. The cost is $220 per team. Lunch will be served before the tournament.
Registration deadline is Wednesday, September 9th. For more information, contact Brian New or Mike Wightman at 843.665.1234.
All proceeds benefit the Annual Campaign that keeps the YMCA available for kids and families that need us most.
Hole Sponsorships are also available for $100 and include a sign at the tee box. .
From the Office of the CEO:
Dear YMCA Member,
It is finally starting to seem like the YMCA is getting back to more of a normal. It is wonderful to hear people in the building, and we are so happy to have everyone back. We really do appreciate our members and you mean so much to the YMCA staff. You are the reason we do what we do, and it is our mission to be here for you as you try to live a healthier life for your spirit, mind and body.
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking with the Florence Family YMCA through our closure during the COVID-19 shut down. Without you, our loyal members, we would not have been able to open back up as soon as we did. I want you to know how much the staff and I appreciate you continuing to support the YMCA during this very difficult time.
We are back to being open our regular hours, including Sunday, and almost every area of the YMCA is up and running. We are still practicing social distancing and extra cleaning measures throughout the building. Please continue to wipe down equipment before and after use and, as always, if you are not feeling well and/or have a fever please stay home. A workout is not worth spreading germs or viruses. Also, when wiping down machines, please make sure to wipe down all the areas of the machine your hands or body have come in contact with.
As we move forward in our new normalcy please continue to check our website and Facebook page for any updates or changes.
Brian S. New
Florence Family YMCA
Outdoor Pool is Open!
• Hours are 12 noon for members. Hours are from 12 noon - 8 pm, Monday through Friday and Saturdays from 10 am - 5:30 pm and Sunday 2 pm - 5:30 pm
• Bands must still be worn to indicate swim level (for children 11 and under) – please wait until break time to have your child tested for a band
• If your child cannot swim ½ the length of the pool - yellow band level - then they must wear a coastguard approved floatation device (like a life jacket)
• We cannot provide life jackets at this time, members must bring their own
• We will be counting the number of members at the outdoor pool – our max at this time is 50 people in and out of the pool
• Please observe a one hour time limit
• We ask that adults and families sign in and out at the outdoor pool
• Please observe social distancing as much as possible when on the deck and while swimming at the outdoor pool
• There will still be a 10-minute break every hour
• During the breaks, the indoor pool is not available – lap swimming only at the indoor pool at this time
Day Camp will swim outside from 9 am until 12 noon on weekdays. Remember to bring your own towels.
Child Watch and YAC updated hours:
Beginning Thursday, JUNE 18th Child Watch and YAC will re-open.
Monday - Friday 8AM- NOON and 4PM-7PM.
NO WEEKEND hours.