Scripture of the Week
The LORD is for me; I will not fear; What can man do to me?
TO PUT CHRISTIAN PRINCIPLES INTO PRACTICE THROUGH PROGRAMS THAT BUILD A HEALTHY SPIRIT, MIND AND BODY FOR ALL.
Celebrate Independence Day at the Outdoor Pool
The Y facility will be closed for the 4th of July but the Outdoor Pool will be open from 11am-4pm for members only. Bring your Y card, a towel, and enter through the side gate.
NO GUESTS WILL BE ALLOWED.
Happy Independence Day, and God Bless America!
From the Office of the CEO:
Dear YMCA Member,
It is finally starting to seem like the YMCA is getting back to more of a normal. It is wonderful to hear people in the building, and we are so happy to have everyone back. We really do appreciate our members and you mean so much to the YMCA staff. You are the reason we do what we do, and it is our mission to be here for you as you try to live a healthier life for your spirit, mind and body.
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking with the Florence Family YMCA through our closure during the COVID-19 shut down. Without you, our loyal members, we would not have been able to open back up as soon as we did. I want you to know how much the staff and I appreciate you continuing to support the YMCA during this very difficult time.
We are back to being open our regular hours, including Sunday, and almost every area of the YMCA is up and running. We are still practicing social distancing and extra cleaning measures throughout the building. Please continue to wipe down equipment before and after use and, as always, if you are not feeling well and/or have a fever please stay home. A workout is not worth spreading germs or viruses. Also, when wiping down machines, please make sure to wipe down all the areas of the machine your hands or body have come in contact with.
As we move forward in our new normalcy please continue to check our website and Facebook page for any updates or changes.
Brian S. New
Florence Family YMCA
Water Fitness Classes Return!
Monday, June 29th we will resume our regular schedule of water fitness classes. Classes will be limited to 10 people. Bring your own towel (and equipment if needed) and join us for a great workout! Previous pool rules still apply.
1/2 OFF JOINING FEE THROUGH JULY 17!
Did you hear? There is 1/2 OFF JOINING FEE at the Y! Join from now through July 17 and save over $40 for an adult or family membership! From our fitness center and classes, to the outdoor fun pool, there is something for everyone at the Y.
Outdoor Pool is Open!
• Hours are 12 noon for members. Hours are from 12 noon - 8 pm, Monday through Friday and Saturdays from 10 am - 5:30 pm and Sunday 2 pm - 5:30 pm
• Bands must still be worn to indicate swim level (for children 11 and under) – please wait until break time to have your child tested for a band
• If your child cannot swim ½ the length of the pool - yellow band level - then they must wear a coastguard approved floatation device (like a life jacket)
• We cannot provide life jackets at this time, members must bring their own
• We will be counting the number of members at the outdoor pool – our max at this time is 50 people in and out of the pool
• Please observe a one hour time limit
• We ask that adults and families sign in and out at the outdoor pool
• Please observe social distancing as much as possible when on the deck and while swimming at the outdoor pool
• There will still be a 10-minute break every hour
• During the breaks, the indoor pool is not available – lap swimming only at the indoor pool at this time
Day Camp will swim outside from 9 am until 12 noon on weekdays. Remember to bring your own towels.
Child Watch and YAC updated hours:
Beginning Thursday, JUNE 18th Child Watch and YAC will re-open.
Monday - Friday 8AM- NOON and 4PM-7PM.
NO WEEKEND hours.
Y Summer Day Camp begins JUNE 1st